Wellspring Cooperative is seeking an Intern:
Download File for more information: Wellspring Internship Project Details 2020 - For Summer or Fall Internship
This internship is ideal for interested students and is unpaid.
Wellspring Cooperative is seeking a Half-time, Program Associate
About Wellspring Cooperative: Wellspring Cooperative is a non-profit that is building a mutually supportive network of worker-owned cooperatives to provide job and wealth building opportunities in Springfield’s underserved communities.
Job Overview: This is a half time position based in Springfield, MA. During COVID, we are largely working remotely. Post-COVID, in-person meetings are generally held in Springfield. The Program Associate will support Wellspring Cooperative’s mission in general, with a focus on direct business support. A successful candidate will be able to work independently while consulting and coordinating with the rest of the team when appropriate.
Reports To: The Program Associate will report to the Co-directors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop new and support existing worker cooperatives. Wellspring cooperatives are a diverse set of organizations, so the operational needs of each co-op vary greatly. The Program Associate will support these varied operations, as well as provide hiring, training, finance, and technical support as needed. All aspects of building a small business are areas in which member co-ops may request help from the Program Associate.
- Support the Wellspring Cooperative Network which is comprised of the Wellspring Cooperative non-profit along with the member co-ops.
- Support the development of a co-op ecosystem. We continue to build new and strengthen existing relationships within the following sectors of this ecosystem.
- Co-op TA (technical assistance), education and training
- Social service support
- Public sector (City and state elected officials, government departments)
- Community and labor organizations
- Anchor institutions (e.g. hospitals and colleges)
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Business development, HR and support experience. Co-op specific experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work well in a team and facilitate meetings with a collaborative orientation.
- Able to work with diverse populations with respect and cultural/class sensitivity.
- Proficiency with computer programs (MS Office or LibreOffice), and other platforms
- Able to work under pressure and stay on top of deadlines and communications.
- Excitement about learning new skills and ideas.
- Human resource experience including team and leadership development, conflict resolution.
- Spanish language is an asset
Compensation is competitive.
Application deadline: March 31, 2021
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, 3 references, and your resume to: email@example.com.
JOBS FROM WITHIN THE WELLSPRING NETWORK (LOCAL)
Go Fresh Mobile Market, Program Coordinator
Part-time position March-October (could become year-round pending funding) 10-15 hours/week.
Program operated out of Wellspring Harvest greenhouse in Indian Orchard
Go Fresh Mobile Market delivers fresh produce to food-insecure families throughout Springfield. Currently, the program runs from May-October with plans to expand year-round. Wellspring Community Harvest is seeking a Program Coordinator who will be responsible for publicity, reporting, relations with program delivery sites, and other program coordination in collaboration with the Program Director and board.
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for overall program coordination including – ● Coordinate publicity and develops promotional materials
- Work with the program director, Wellspring Community Harvest personnel and the Go Fresh Advisory Committee to secure sites, maintain organizational relationships and finalize schedules
- Support day-to-day operations including
- meeting the overall GFMM schedule
- vehicle maintenance
- EBT machine and credit card management
- Convene and Coordinate the GFMM Advisory Committee including regular reports ● Manage accounting and submissions for HIP/SNAP/WIC/Elder coupon and credit card ● Work with the Program Director, WCH bookkeeper, and WCH personnel to maintain GFMM finances, including payment of invoices
- Interpersonal Skills: The Program Coordinator will work closely with community organizations and program staff and board and must have strong communications and interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse communities.
- Organization: Good scheduling and financial organizational skills are essential to coordinate multiple tasks, documentation and reporting with different audiences.
- Communication: This position requires good communication skills to develop promotional materials.
- Requirements: Familiarity with Springfield neighborhoods is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Spanish speaker preferred
Email Resume and Letter of Interest to Wellspring Community Harvest at firstname.lastname@example.org
JOBS BEYOND OUR NETWORK (NON-LOCAL)